https://www.facebook.com/Paintbyheartart

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Kind of Art You Can Wear - Jewelery

Good afternoon. It's an appropriately chilly November day, but the sun is out and it is a beautiful thing. There was just enough sun for me to venture outside and take photos of some jewelery I've been working on. The slight breeze was not cooperative and lighting is tricky when your own shadow is in the way. The trees made an interesting backdrop and the perfect place to hang a necklace. The first of the photos is of an experiment of sorts in jewelery making, I was playing around with pieces of floral fabric and ended up with something I am smitten over. I'm calling them my "Lady of the Afternoon" Series, because they remind me of polite tea parties, tea cups and ladies who wear pearls. Love them! The next is another experiment, a weird sort of gathered fabric I found that I can only deduce was intended to make a pillow out of. I cut up the gathered bits and they made these green flowers, on a chain they make a statement. Hopefully a statement someone wants to make. Please tell me what you think. Would you wear them? They will be available for sale at the upcoming Market Collective at my table! eee! More details to come.
Click on the photos to see the details.
















No comments:

Post a Comment