https://www.facebook.com/Paintbyheartart

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Gorilla House Projects - A Love Letter to Gorilla House

Dear Gorilla House,
Thank you for changing my perspective, for changing my work, and for giving me the ass kicking I needed.
You have changed the way I work, and the reasons behind it, you have re-connected me with art making in a way I can't explain. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the kind of place that brings me back for more, that invites people in and shows them what the art world is really made of, and that is artists working themselves in to the ground, and giving of their souls. Thank you for giving me a space to make art in. Thank for the inspiration in it's endlessness. Thank you for the awesome conversations and chilled out evenings. Thank you for being exactly the right kind of place in the right time, for all the right reasons. I love you Gorilla House.

Love Always,
Erin

Check out Gorilla House - it will change your life, or at least the way you look at art. :)
Live Art Battles on Wednesdays @7pm
Live Nudes Thursdays @7pm

10 Things I LOVE About Gorilla House
1. The people, the wonderfully interesting, creative, happy, lovely, and sometimes crazy people.
2. The atmosphere, easygoing, and yet energetic.
3. The always welcoming OPEN sign
4. The inviting spaces, the painted floors, the art, the chairs, the room to create.
5. The challenge of creating a piece in 2 hours.
6. The inspiration around every corner
7. The way it feels after the crowd has cleared
8. The terrifying feeling you get when your piece is up for auction..
9. The kiddos of all ages that show and teach the adults a thing or two about making art.
10.The hardworking, and tireless, and awe inspiring, and amazing, lovely people that run the place and pay to keep it open so that we can all come and enjoy it. You know who you are!




Rich Theroux's Work with a sign on it! 



"I Wished on a Star for You" 2013 Erin Myers 


"She Wanted to Dance" Work in progress. 2013 Erin Myers 


"Untitled" 2013 Erin Myers 


"Untitled" 2013 Erin Myers 


" Amidst a Sea of Forgiveness" 2013 Erin Myers 


" Lowbrow Dance" 2013 Erin Myers 




No comments:

Post a Comment