https://www.facebook.com/Paintbyheartart

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Ebb and Flow

Evening lovelies. 
I have been sitting on the couch for some time, staring at the wall. I have been thinking about my current to do list, and the many projects on the go. The list is a little overwhelming, but in a happy way, the feeling of bliss that comes with a constant flow of ideas. As an artist, I search for this feeling for days at times. I am happy the ideas are flowing. 

I find myself sitting here in a stunned daze, tired from a long day. I want to start something, even just a simple drawing. 
My room is a mess, no , I will not be cleaning it. 
I am just enjoying the quiet calm. 
It is the first time in a long time that I have been able to truly soak up a quiet moment. 

Paul and Reznor - our sweet little cat both moved in this week, and things are beginning to feel settled. 
Life is taking root again. For a while I felt like it was a constant dance, a rushed shuffling between two houses, his and mine. It's nice to come to the same house again, even if circumstances are not what we imagined for ourselves a few months ago. Long story short, we broke up and moved apart a few years ago, and through a complicated series of events I came to live at home again, with my darling parents. 
Paul and I are now happily reunited and living in unwedded bliss, hint hint to Paul, a ring might look nice on this finger..this one here.. I digress.  
This week Paul moved in with us, and I find a huge sense of relief in that. Relief in finding a routine again, and settling in and in sorting out the direction we're headed in. 
We are blessed with family that we can count on both sides,and we are both very very fortunate to have supportive loving parents.
So here we are living with my parents. I am happy to have Paul at home with me, my other half. I am also happy to spend more time with my parents, I genuinely enjoy their company. xoxo That's just a little piece of my story.. 


In finding this new sense of calm and quiet I have had time for pursuits that I had otherwise given up on. 
For one, reading, I know .. who doesn't have time to read?, but it was honestly less about time and more about the attention it took to read. I could not sit still and idle long enough to read even half a cheap magazine. Now I am diving back in to my book collection, last night I flipped through a book about art inspiration,tonight I have plans to read a little of another. 


In other news, I have my usual list of projects on the go. 

The latest is another gorgeous and rather large canvas that my only student Di and I are working on.(Sometimes I teach art)
I set the subject matter out, a large portrait of the elephant goddess Ganesh. We started on Sunday and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it transform! 
This time I'm going to try and step back entirely, and just watch Di paint. I'm trying to be a less hands on teacher, I just can't help but want to paint along side her. 
 Di, thank you for your patience with me, you are amazing, a true artist, heart and soul. 


Next month I will be potentially teaching some more art classes at a local art centre. I am beyond thrilled for the opportunity. Jade Powers ,MA CCC, Founder, CEO, and Program Director opened Mandala Art Centre,as an inclusive centre catering to people of all ages and abilities, as well as special needs. The centre offers visual arts classes, movement classes, music classes, yoga, dance and more! Please check out the classes and calendar! www.mandalaartcentre.com  

Check back later for more about Mandala Art Centre.. 


Other projects on the go,a few paintings for friends are in the works,the illustration project is still on the down low until I know more about it, and settle the details with the author. I'll keep you posted, my lovely tiny following of readers. 

Something else that I have been turning around in my head is a little project of my own, little doesn't really describe it, it's going to be an under taking, but it's something I have wanted to do for a while. The project is all about confidence, and beauty, inside and out, and the feminine figure, using my friends and family as subject matter, and some burlesque dancing ladies as well, for inspiration and subject matter, a series, which is currently untitled.. but I hope to have off the ground soon. More than likely when the weather warms up, for optimal photo taking opportunities! More to follow... 

Time to return to my couch oasis, a blanket and a book. 

Goodnight and all my love. 





Ganesh - Work in progress - Di's Painting 
  









No comments:

Post a Comment