https://www.facebook.com/Paintbyheartart

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Dream List of Art Supplies

Being a starving artist is one thing,being an artist starved for supplies is quite another. 
My inventory of supplies is in no danger of running out any time soon, however... 
If I could invest all the money in my possession on art supplies, this is what the list might look like: 

- Canvases in every shape and size
- A bigger and sturdier easel. ( I am pretty lucky to have one at all.)
- Paint Brushes in every shape and size. ( Looking at them in the art supply store is depressing at $20-30 a brush for the high quality ones, so I tend to stick to pre-packaged sets) 
- An extremely long roll of canvas for building custom canvases
- An assortment of frames/stretchers for canvas
- Bulk size bucket of gesso
- A few sets of prismacolor pencil crayons
- A wide and assorted rainbow of Golden's heavy body acrylic paints! 
- Another rainbow of Golden Oil paints 
- Another drafting table, the white one at Ikea is amazing! 
- Sketchbooks, sketchbooks, sketchbooks. I can never have enough sketchbooks. 
- Masonite for the construction of interesting paint surfaces. 
- Mass quantities of paper in all weights and textures 

Last but not least a lofty studio downtown to paint in,with big windows and brick walls  
A girl can dream and I like to dream big. Art supply stores in my eyes are equivalent to candy stores.
I love creative candy. It's time for bed and dreaming of another kind. Au Revoir!


















No comments:

Post a Comment