https://www.facebook.com/Paintbyheartart

Monday, August 23, 2010

Farm Animals and Crayons

Today I am at Melissa and Nick's house back in the cozy and familiar role of being a nanny. I haven't seen Declan in over a month, oh how he has changed. Running with abandon from one end of the kitchen to the other, babbling and singing and grasping at every word spoken. Children are amazing little people. I am inspired by the way children embrace every tiny moment,without care of what might come next. If adults could do that , perhaps we'd be happier, well rounded, better able to relax and let go of the stresses that ail us. Declan and I spent some time coloring this morning, scribbling and smashing the crayons into the paper. I drew some animals for him, we made the sounds that they make and he scribbled on their faces. Something about the simple act of Declan scribbling, making those brief and fleeting marks on a page, made me stop and think. If only we could see the world the way children do.Not all the time, but briefly, long enough to inspire appreciation and wonder. To be entirely happy and whole heartedly enjoying life. I am not by any means under the illusion that children are never sad, or experience pain or strife. They too have "a bad day" every once and a while. But if you watch children at play, or in a quiet moment, they are completely immersed in that moment, nothing else matters.
That is how I feel when I paint. :)

On that note, I have a project in mind that is very much about children. I would like to start painting children's murals by commission. I want to bring color into their world, into a room where they play or sleep.Trees, clouds, dinosaurs, castles, butterflies, bugs, beaches, space... the possibilities are endless.I would like to start out by offering the murals at the cost of materials only, so I can have a few examples of my work in my portfolio, a starting point if you will. From then on costs would be determined by materials, size and detail. I just need some willing participants, parents, daycares, dayhomes, schools.
Someone somewhere is in need of a mural. If you are reading this and know of someone who might be interested, send them my way please.

Declan is about to wake up from his nap. It is time for lunch and then we have a date with the playschool farm animals.

Happy Monday

- Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment